Friday, December 18, 2009

Where can I buy oil futures and FX forward online?

These are financial instruments.


Which site would you recommend?


Something serious rather than cheap, and something you've tried rather than looked up in google 5 minutes ago.





ThanksWhere can I buy oil futures and FX forward online?
I trade them via Scottrade, you can use any brokerage account to do soWhere can I buy oil futures and FX forward online?
I have a scottrade account as well. Can you tell me how I can purchase oil? What is the ticker for oil? Report Abuse

I have traded several such instruments on hedgestreet.com


Actually call and put options only.





If you do not have a broker license or do not want to take delivery of the commodities/currency then why would you care for futures and forwards? Too cumbersome to open a margin account etc.





You can speculate in options. Hedgestreet.com allows you to bet as low as $50 or so.
You type in your answer in the search engine for any type of question!!
I would say to use a managed currency fund rather than trading it yourself. For the last 4 months the FXCM sentiment aggressive fund has 52% return. (www.fxcm.com). If you open an account through a broker (such as Self-Actualizer Financial Solutions), you can get a big discount on the performance fees--see www.self-actualizer-fs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment