Friday, December 18, 2009

Is it a good time to buy oil stocks?

I just got a 3K bonus and want your opinion on buying oil stocks. I am looking at XOM, PBR and STO. However, STO is my preference.





What should I do, any ideas, suggestions would be welcome. BTW, is this a good time to buy oil stocks? As far as I can see, the price would not come down soon if ever again. Am I wrong in feeling this way?





Thanks for your time.Is it a good time to buy oil stocks?
I think good time of oil stock had started since last year but now it's still good time to buyIs it a good time to buy oil stocks?
I would buy a mutual fund focused on oil and energy stocks. Unless you truly have insight into the industry, I would stay away from individual stocks.





Moreover, mutual funds would give you a higher ratio (i.e. higher return per unit of risk incurred) than stocks in general.





Capital preservation is the name of the game nowadays.
Yes, it is a great time to buy stocks. But don't invest all in 1 company. You are looking at 10% average return on a long-term horizon of 2-5 years from now.
I would definitely stick with the company with the highest reserve growth. It should perform the best in an up and down oil market.





PBR would be my pick of the three you supplied.
Cindy McCain (Mrs. John) is the world's foremost authority when it comes to answering questions such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment