Monday, April 26, 2010

Where can I buy mineral oil in New Zealand?

Also known as paraffin oil, liquid paraffin or unscented baby oil. I need it to submerge a computer in.





Alternatively, I need a commonly available clear liquid that is non conductive, doesn't dissolve anything associated with computer components, and preferrably doesn't freeze above -30 degrees celsius.Where can I buy mineral oil in New Zealand?
In the US, we have it at pharmacies, drugstores even big grocery stores etc. There is no prescription needed for it. Other fluids you might consider are glycerin and low viscosity silicone oil (polydimethlysiloxane fluid). I'm not certian why you are submerging a computer in it; it's going to be a big mess! If it is a cooling issues and you absolutely must use a fluid in direct contact with the curcuit boards there are commercial heat transfer fluids available that might have better thermal properties for the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment