Monday, April 26, 2010

Where can I buy crab oil ( not crab boil) in the Pa/NJ/De area?

I saw Emeril the other day ( 9/29/06. Shrimp Receipes) boiling shrimp, he used cayenne pepper, but suggested crab oil instead of the cayenne pepper. I have looked all over Philly, and nobody has even heard of crab oil, they think I mean crab boil, and just heard Emeril wrong! Any real cooks out there know where I can get some dayum crab oil?!!!Where can I buy crab oil ( not crab boil) in the Pa/NJ/De area?
no i am sorry i never heard of itWhere can I buy crab oil ( not crab boil) in the Pa/NJ/De area?
southeasternern Massachuettes
I think it's safe to say that you just heard wrong. I only say that because a crab boil mix has a lot of different spices and peppers in the mix, and if he is suggesting that you use that instead of just the cayenne pepper, I think it only means it would be more flavorful because of the other peppers and spices in the mix and it just makes more sense, than substituting with a crab oil, which would not have any peppers or spice to them. Also, I have never heard of crab oil, but that does not mean it does not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment