Monday, April 26, 2010

Where can I buy fish oil for my cat?

It was suggested to me to try putting fish oil in my cat's food to help w/ skin %26amp; hair problems (she will only eat dry food).Can that be bought @ a store like Petsmart, and how expensive is it?Where can I buy fish oil for my cat?
Sure, many pet stores will carry them.





From my blog:





Fish oil: Only Natural Pet Icelandic Salmon Oil (pump) (http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/O鈥?/a>





Good for hairballs, good for skin and coat.





Selection: You typically won't use human fish oils - at least not the ones in liquid form - because they have added citrus flavors to many of them. You don't want to use cod liver oil - at least not on a very regular basis - because it has too much vitamin a. Plain old fish oil or salmon oil is best. I prefer it in liquid form as opposed to capsules for ease of dispensing. You want it to say that they've done everything possible to remove mercury. I prefer one with the fewest additives, especially not rosemary. Or propyllgallate.





For ease of use, I prefer to buy it in liquid form in a squeeze bottle or pump.





Dosage: I give a squirt every day. It's not measured but probably comes to somewhere around 1/4 tsp.Where can I buy fish oil for my cat?
grocery..pet...walmart....anywhere....I even saw some at Dollar General.
You can buy Omega 3,6,9 fish oil at a health food store. But I would recommend that you use a different supplemnt called vitacoat it is used to improve the fur coat for dogs with dry, itchy skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment